Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rosehip Mojito

I made Rosehip Syrup.
It just so happened that I had 4 quarts of frozen rosehips from last Fall, which I simmered with 2 quarts of water, then strained through a jelly bag to equal 4 cups of liquid to which I added SUGAR and made a syrup. Whew. I'm considering it sugar with added vitamin C.
Sugar With Benefits, shall we?
Well, what to do with said sugar? Make a mojito, of course. I am always on the lookout for a healthier alcoholic beverage, after all (ahem).
If you happen to come across 4 quarts of rosehips, and you have the time and energy to make yourself some Sugar With Benefits, try this!
Rosehip Mojito
Muddle 6 large mint leaves in a glass with 1/2 ounce of rosehip syrup.
Add 1-2 ounce(s) white rum, depending on your mood and your children (haha)
Add the juice of half of a lime (or a full lime if it's not giving up much juice)
Add ice.
Top with sparkling water, or club soda.
***
Oh, and Happy Anniversary Babe!
XOXO B.

No comments:

Post a Comment