Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 11 of Advent: How to Get Your Child to Eat Avocado

More chocolatey goodness, as promised:
(the photos aren't working, so I'm giving up on them)
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
3 medjool dates
(soak in boiling water for 30 minutes, then peel and pit, reserving the soaking water)
1 tsp. vanilla
heaping 1/4 cup cocoa powder (apparently carob works too)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 avocado
1/4 cup water (use soaking water)
In food processor, blend dates until smooth. Add vanilla, cocoa, and syrup. Blend again until smooth. Add avocado and water and go to town with the blending. Be patient. Even with a loooong blending time, I sometimes have tiny bits of "texture" in this, but it's still AWESOME! And this only serves two so I always double it. Actually, I usually triple or quadruple it, if I'm being honest. J is the only one around here who likes avocado, so this is how the rest of us eat it!
Chocolate mousse with no dairy, soy, or refined sugar! It's practically healthy!
***
Homespun Salon tonight. Can't wait to craft with my girls.
I'm working on a purple cowl for my teenaged cousin (as per her request), the second fingerless mitt for my niece (to match her requested green beret), and I'm trying to finish a doll I am making for Isla. Doll-making tries my patience like nothing else. One afternoon of it and I can certainly see the reason why Bamboletta dolls cost what they do! Worth every penny too! Alas, they do not make Princess Leia, which I am about to do, buns and all. Photos will come. I may take out a billboard when I finish this damn thing.
Oh, I guess I should work on that "second sock" too! Arg!

1 comment:

  1. mmm - gotta try that mousse. it reminds me of something i saw on woody harrelson's website.

    ReplyDelete