Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 22 of Advent: Happy Birthday PopPop!

Party preparations abound around here. Today is PopPop's birthday (Faire began calling her paternal grandfather "PopPop" out of the blue, of her own accord, around her first birthday!)
Every year we celebrate the day with some family and friends we love. A few years ago, I started the Soup Night tradition. It is so much easier to have a couple of pots of soup on the stove for dinner, and if there are leftovers, well, a bowl of soup comes in soooo handy during thses busy days!

On another note, cranberry sauce has been made. I'm so glad I bought the local cranberries back in October at the Farmer's Market and threw them in the frezer. And I'm also glad that canning is second-nature to me because I can go from this:


To this, in less than an hour. I make "plain" cranberry because because J complains about "additions". I figure I can add to each jar if I want to fancy it up.

Hmmm, do you think this (plus two other jars) is enough cranberry sauce for 20 people???
I predict much cranberry sauce in my future...

No comments:

Post a Comment