Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 21 of Advent: The Solstice!

We were all busy busy busy around here today. Lots of secret present-making, present-wrapping, and, of course, baking to be done!

This evening, to celebrate the longest night of the year, we walked along Trinity Street, where nearly all the houses along 5 or 6 blocks decorate for the season with lights aplenty. J always likes this one best (blurry photo, sorry!):




I think this one is awesome.



When I went to my favourite BC Wine shop today to stock up for the holidays, my trusted wine advisor was telling me about a great Gewurztraminer he thought I'd love. When I saw what it was called, I knew I had to have it for this evening:


Kids are in bed, wine is poured, knitting and baking await me (in a good way) and then some time by a fire with my man...

Happy Solstice indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment