Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 1 of Advent: Trimming The Kid's Tree

It's the most wonderful time of the year...


We set up our tiny (fake - akk!) tree in the playroom this afternoon. I've had it for years and we keep it so the kids have a tree of their own for all the ornaments they make and/or collect. Or ones we simply have run out of room for on the real tree. There are some oldies on it too. Like this awesome felt mouse. I remember my mom painstakingly making these when I was little. She made a lot of kick-ass ornaments. I used to play make-believe with these old-fashioned mice. They reminded me of the Mouse Family in the cartoon 'Twas The Night Before Christmas. (Oh, how I loved that show. I need to watch it again soon. I bought it a couple of years ago and freaked Jason out because I knew all the words to all the songs. He had never seen it. Never!) One of my favourite parts of the holiday season? The annual watching of all the Christmas films. They never get boring to me.

Anyway, the kids loved decorating the tree. And they love talking about all the ornaments and where they came from, which makes it all the more special. Isla really got into it. Her first time trimming a tree. Hopefully she got it out of her system so she won't want to help me decorate the real tree next weekend (haha) She tends to...cluster ornaments, shall we say?

Here's another of the oldies. How can I not love it? She's knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment